This is NOT your Calgary Marathon Race Weekend. You know what is whackier than two Mays without a Calgary Marathon? Running in the most non Calgary Marathon race weekend we could come up with.
Introducing Mulligan - The Ultimate Do-Over Race Weekend.
Event Info −
We hate math (which is why we got into the event business) but we crunched the numbers and it turns out if you
add 4.4km + 9km + 18mi over 2 days you get 42.2km, and the most unusual spring marathon ever hosted.
This is a choose your own adventure kind of race weekend. Sign up for the Friday night 4.4km, Saturday 9km or Sunday 18mi in any combination.
If you sign up for "The Mulligan" and race all 3 (did someone say 'par'?) thereby completing a marathon, you will take home the exclusive Run Calgary mulligan running cap, bragging rights and probably a couple of sessions at physio, but we aren't paying for that. Oh and just like the best tee times, there are limited spots available.
A 'Mulligan' means to get another shot at something and when we googled it, it also means a soup with a whole bunch of stuff in it and turns out there is an Irish runner named Richard Mulligan who was best in class in long distances running. We thought all of that was pretty groovy so here you have it.
A one-time only experience with limited capacity and so many golf puns you will be laughing all the way to clubhouse for post-race beers. Just kidding this is a covid-secure event and when you are done racing we will be sending you and your sweet sweet swag on your way.
Please note creating a team allows for team fundraising however this is an individual event not a team race.
Read the Protocols and FAQs and shoot us an email if you have questions and would like to know more about our AHS approved covid-secure event plan that follows the 8 covid-secure protocols to keep everyone, participants, volunteers and staff safe.
Although we can't yet gather in large groups, we can still race with some adaptations in controlled events as we get back to the safe return to racing.
Please note there is no virtual option for this event at this time.
- A real life IN-PERSON RACE, in fact 3 of them if you're up for it!
- Chance to 'do over' that race weekend you missed in 2020
- Opportunity to do a spring 'marathon'
- A lot of argyle
- Covid-secure race weekend with 3 days and 3 race distances to choose from
- Opportunity to participate in a unique, one-of-a-kind, one time only race weekend
- Daily race for the kiddos, parents can run with their wee ones
- Opportunity to fundraise in support of the Fresh Start Recovery Centre in Calgary - Helping men and their families recover from addiction
- Exclusive personalized custom race bib with your name on it
- A golf themed finisher's medal - more than likely the only of its kind because who else is mashing up golf and run
- Custom compression Run Calgary argyle orange and purple high-rise running socks
- Complete 'The Mulligan' (all 3 races) and you also get a Run Calgary Mulligan running cap and an additional unique medal.
May 23 10:00 a.m. MDT - OPEN for Curbside Pick Up at Run Calgary HQ
May 23 2:00 p.m. MDT - Curbside Pick up CLOSES
May 24 10:00 a.m. MDT - OPEN for Curbside Pick Up at Run Calgary HQ
May 24 4:00 p.m. MDT - CLOSES Curbside Pick Up
May 25 12:00 p.m. MDT - OPEN for Curbside Pick Up at Run Calgary HQ
May 25 6:30 p.m. MDT - CLOSES Curbside Pick Up
May 28 5:00 p.m. MDT - Friday Mini Putt 1km Kids Race
May 28 5:15 p.m. MDT - Friday 4.4km Race
May 29 9:00 a.m. MDT - Saturday Mini Putt 1km Kids Race
May 29 9:15 a.m. MDT - Saturday 9 K Race
May 30 9:00 a.m. MDT - Sunday Mini Putt 1km Kids Race
May 30 9:15 a.m. MDT - Sunday 18mi Race