GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
Benefits of Volunteering
- A supportive and inclusive volunteer environment where volunteers can directly experience the energy, excitement, and fun of race weekend
- R.C.V.C. (Run Calgary Volunteer Crew) T-shirt - inaugural navy 2022 edition
- Volunteer food options and refreshments for all volunteer shifts
- Online volunteer orientation training sessions to prepare you for race weekend
- Volunteer Hours Certificate
- An extraordinary experience that brings together race participants, spectators, volunteers, and the Calgary community
There are a variety of volunteer roles available to choose from, whether you want to support athletes out on the race course or experience the energy of race weekend on venue.
Volunteering for Run Calgary can be a great team-building exercise, a fun family bonding experience, a way to get school or work credit for volunteer hours, and an opportunity to meet new people.
All volunteers will receive a Volunteer Hours Certificate. If you have a specific form to record your volunteer hours, be sure to bring it to your volunteer shift for your Volunteer Lead to sign.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who want to give more
COMMITTEE AND BOARD OPPORTUNITIES
The Calgary Marathon Society (CMS) is made up of Run Calgary staff, members of the Volunteer Board, and Calgary Marathon Volunteer Race Committee members.
The Volunteer Race Committee is made up of Leads, Course Captains, and technical specialists, and is focused on the operations and execution of events. All positions require some pre-planning, however it is varied and so is the level of commitment.
To apply to be part of the Volunteer Race Committee: Please email email@example.com with your C.V. (professional and running), some thoughts on why you would like to join the committee, what skills you bring, and where you would like to contribute.
The Volunteer Board meets 10 times a year and is focused on governance, developing long term strategy, and creating the future vision of the organization. Sub-committees meet monthly, quarterly, or as needed.
To apply to sit on the Board of Directors:
Please check out this posting to apply for 2022/23.